Travis M. Keil, Attorney at Law
Keil Defense was started by Travis M. Keil, who is a Minnesota criminal defense attorney that specializes in state and federal criminal cases, as well as those involving individuals with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD). He has handled offenses ranging from DUI’s and assaults, to criminal sexual conduct and first degree murder.
Travis spent a significant portion of 2010-2011 monitoring the trial of accused Nazi war criminal, John Demjanuk, in Munich, Germany and, was also intricately involved in the Minnesota Justice Foundation.
Travis believes that everyone charged with an offense should be able to utilize a private criminal defense attorney, and was one of two individuals who volunteered over 600 hours of criminal defense services to those in desperate need of legal assistance. It’s because of this belief that he works with every client to develop the best defense strategy while ensuring the price will fit within their budget.
Travis has represented thousands of clients charged with criminal offenses and has extensive experience working with expert witnesses to gather evidence to be used at trial. For example, he has worked with experts in the areas of cell phone and computer forensics, eyewitness identification and, medical analysis, which have contributed to successful defense strategies. He has a lengthy list of successful results with a trial success rate of over 80%.
- Jönköping International Business School, Jönköping, Sweden
- Hamline University School of Law, J.D., St. Paul, Minnesota
- University of East Anglia, M.A., Upper Second Class Honors, Norwich, England
- Saint Cloud State University, B.A., Cum Laude, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- Supreme Court of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota (Federal Court)
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Minnesota State Bar Association Criminal Law Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Proof Alliance (formerly Minnesota Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome)